JOB TITLE: Social Media & Digital Executive
LOCATION: Based at Gretna Gateway Outlet Village
JOB SUMMARY: To implement the marketing and communications tactics for social media and website.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Blackline Creative & Gretna Gateway Management Team
HOURS: 9am – 5.30pm, Mon-Fri ( +weekends as required)
The primary aims of the role are to ensure that the social media and website communications are aligned with the asset marketing plans and retailer trading plans, so that the destination is positioned and traders performance is optimised through effective customer collaboration and consumer engagement.
Your responsibilities will include management of all social media channels, the website and the development of productive partnerships with retailers and other organisations in the town, to ensure content for the channels is curated, collected, deployed and measured.
You will also be responsible for the delivery of the shopping centre’s marketing and events programmes alongside the Retail Liaison Manager.
Social Media Channel Management
• Create and manage a rolling monthly campaign plan for all social media channels, ensuring that each feed is updated daily with engaging creative content, and all retailers are featured where possible.
• Ensure all posts are tailored and targeted to an audience relevant to the product and/or brand, and utilise the social media advertising budget to boost posts to a wider audience.
• Ensure all content and social media communications are written in the shopping centre’s tone of voice, and reply to all queries in a professional and timely manner.
• Regularly liaise with your retailer’s marketing and PR contacts to collect seasonal imagery to promote in your social media content.
• Regularly liaise with retailers to determine the products you should promote via social media, and actively seek out sales feedback following all promotions.
• Review activity and complete analytics dashboards on a weekly basis. Produce weekly performance reports discussing changes in reach and engagement and results from advertising campaigns.
• Create and manage a rolling monthly plan for web content and management to ensure the website is the primary volume touch-point for consumers, ensuring operational and presentational standards are managed to a high standard.
• Liaise with Retail Liaison Manager and studio team to ensure their creative campaign and retail plans are integrated into the rolling plan.
• Review web content on a daily basis, ensuring information is always up to date and content plans are being implemented on schedule and specification.
• Regularly liaise with retailers at the asset and head offices to source relevant trading and trend content, and ensure that the site is regularly refreshed with dynamic content.
• Produce weekly performance reports for website, identifying where improvements have been delivered and further improvements be made.
• Monitor benchmark retailers websites to ensure that the asset website is reflecting communication trends in this platform.
• Assist the Retail Liaison Manager with the delivery of the event strategy. Plan and execute a variety of exciting and engaging events throughout the year to attract a wide audience and increase footfall.
• Build partnerships with local stakeholders and businesses and collaborate with these on events that will attract not only the local catchment, but also visitors from further afield.
• Ensure all events are promoted across social media channels and website to the relevant consumer groups and catchments
Collaboration and Ambassadorial Roles
Act as an active ambassador for both the asset and agency at all times, building productive partnerships with all retailers and local stakeholders.
Collaborate effectively with all suppliers to the Retail and Marketing function and the Centre Management Team and JLL at all times.
Team Liaison and Contribution
Attend planning meetings with the Centre Management Team
Contribute to the weekly and monthly Marketing Reports, presenting detail wherever required by JLL.
• Monitor competitive destinations in the immediate catchment to compare and contrast the performance of the assets social and digital media channels where feasible.
• Establish a weekly process of comparing social media performance, versus the competitors, based on membership, member acquisition and engagement.
Targets, Planning, Evaluation and Reports
• Ensure that a realistic and relevant mix of level of social, website and email marketing targets are agreed and worked towards on an annual, quarterly, monthly and campaign basis.
• Ensure that social, digital media output, acquisition and engagement are coherently planned and integrated into all marketing campaigns.
• Establish and manage a digital marketing activity planner, for quarterly, monthly and weekly output.
• Produce regular reports of all activities and results and share performance with centre management and asset management teams
– Previous experience of managing social media accounts
– Strong understanding of social media platforms
– Exceptional copy writing and communication skills
– A degree in a relevant subject area would be advantageous
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to: