We are seeking an experienced professional with a passion for luxury to help lead our Gretna store!
Expertly blended in London, Molton Brown’s signature fragrances, bath and shower gels, home and hand care luxuries have claimed iconic status. Kao and Molton Brown have a passion for integrity, for craftsmanship, for artistry and for giving our consumers the ultimate, quality experience.
This role is being offered on a full time, permanent basis.
- An Assistant Store Manager in Molton Brown will support in being the driving force in our business demonstrating a will to win, passion for people and demonstrates exceptional standards of execution
- Has sound strategic and analytical thinking in order to make commercial decisions to support the Store and team achieving sales, KPI’s and business profit through inspirational motivation.
- Is a role model for delivering the principles of FLOW, knowing what excellence looks like whilst motivating others to achieve also.
- Supports the Store Manager to develop a highly effective team through engaging communication, coaching and training empowering individuals to reach their full potential.
What you will do:
Sales and Profit
- Achieve store sales, KPI’s and business profit
- Analyse commercial reports to maximise business opportunity
- Accountability of payroll and controllable costs with working knowledge of P&L reports to potentialise store profitability
- Maximises sales and productivity from in depth knowledge and use of systems
- Drives sales through strategic planning and collaboration with HQ functions
Customer Experience Excellence
- Delivers company set targets on customer experience survey
- Ensures all customers have an immersive experience in store using FLOW principles and full completion of the digital learning academy
- Is a brand ambassador and role model on delivering an customer experience
- Coaches and up-skills the team on product knowledge, selling skills and service signatures
Leading and developing the team
- Recruits, develops and stretches a high performing team
- Grows talent through succession planning and coaching
- Manages under performance though company process and procedure
- Minimises labour turnover through retention of an engaged and motivated team
- Achieve and maintain an excellent luxury retail environment through high standards in all areas of the sales floor, product replenishment and the stock room
- Plan and organise floor moves and implementation of promotions, to maximise commercial opportunities and to company standard
- Ensure consistent delivery of housekeeping and presentation standards throughout the store
- To be accountable for the adherence and implementation of company policies and procedure
- Contribute to the health and safety of others and yourself by following safe working practises
- To act in a responsible and positive manner at all times, ensuring that Company codes of practice adhered to
- To carry out any other duties that is reasonably requested
- To support in other Molton Brown locations when the business needs dictate
What you will need:
- Experience within the fragrance and beauty environment desirable as well as previous experience of working at management level in an outlet store
- Minimum of 2 years retail management experience
- High level of personal grooming standards
- Flexibility in working arrangements to suit business requirements
- Ability to travel within a reasonable distance if required to support other locations and attend business meetings
- Excellent communicator: Communicates expectations and targets; structured team briefings; shares best practice and connects with other stores; builds relationships with central functions; gives and receives constructive feedback
- Engaging and successful leader: Leading action to change; taking positive ownership of change; professional and example led; supportive and confidential
- Results driven: responsive; knows KPIs, category performance and P&L implications; and ensures team know their commercial numbers
- Customer Centric: Exceptional store standards – sparkling; delivers “FLOW” values; perfect personal grooming; detailed presentation of product; ensures hub, basin and sit down areas are customer focused and knows customer demographic
- In depth knowledge of Beauty retailing
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 13 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. Applications are welcomed from all individuals who have the right to work in the UK.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/
Please note that we are not engaged with any recruitment agencies to recruit for this vacancy. To be considered for the role, please apply directly through the link.